Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Log House at the Lake by Richard Lawrence Spoo



Genre: Memoir

Pages: Paperback


Reviewer: Jean Eastwood

JAGS: 6


This book was interesting to read because it hits close to home for me. The author is from Appleton, Wisconsin. His family owns a log cabin in Northern Wisconsin. The author (Richard Lawrence Spoo) describes the log house and its surroundings in vivid detail.

I was unaware there were so many different kind of owls and the unique sound each one makes. I also did not know there were Aspen trees anywhere in Wisconsin. I thought those were only found out west in Colorado. Another favorite wood used in the fireplace was “cherry” wood.

The author, through his choice of words, paints a serene picture of the quiet, star-lit nights up north and how he survives in this old “haunted” log house.
This book was a quick read and had some interesting facts for Northeastern Wisconsinites.

2 comments:

  1. This book changed my life ,like poetry at captures your Soul💙💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book changed my life ,like poetry at captures your Soul💙💙💙

    ReplyDelete